Date(s) - November 4, 2016 - November 6, 2016
Al Salama Institute of Architecture
We are pleased to inform you that Al Salama Institute of Architecture, Perinthalmanna, Kerala is hosting an annual symposium ‘AAKRITI 2016’ to be held at the institute on 5th, 6th & 7th of November 2016.
The 1st symposium was held on 20th and 21st of October 2014 where the focus was on Habitat Design and the relevance of Identity, Order & Space in conception of built environments in Kerala. The sessions were hosted by eminent architects such as Prof. Baby K Paul, Dr. Ranjini Bhattathiripad.T, Dr. Binumol Tom & Ar. Asif R Khan.
The 2nd symposium was held on 17th, 18th & 19th of October 2015, threw light on Habitat Design & the Urban Realm with respect to the built environment in Kerala. The sessions were hosted by eminent personalities such as Ar. G Shankar, Er. Benny Kuriakose, Dr. Harimohan Pillai, Ar. Prsanth Mohan & Ar. Asif R Khan.
The 3rd Symposium is envisioned as Inter – University gathering; The Arch Fest which will have Key Note Sessions, QIP Sessions, Workshops & Interactive Forums to encourage a healthy deliberation on architecture and the built environment.
The theme for AAKRITI 2016 is ‘The forsaken children’. The symposium through various sessions intends to concentrate on the sociological dimensions associated with urbanization and urban sprawl affecting our younger generations in the long run. Evolving from this, focus is also directed to addressing our ecological footprint which plays a decisive role in our immediate future.
Participation of your college students is critical to the success of the AAKRITI 2016 Symposium.
- Nominal registration fee of 750 INR would be levied on the students to attend the seminars this is inclusive of lunch for 3 days.
- Details of Resource Persons attending the symposium are enclosed along with this letter.
- Physical participation is limited to 5 students from an institution.
- Accommodation if required would have to be arranged by the participating students in coordination with the host college symposium student organizers
- Students will maintain proper code of conduct and behavior while attending the symposium
- Students & Faculty Members to carry their respective ID cards.